Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sarca(u)stic ;-)

Whenever my mother has a holiday, she is a completely different person in the morning. You see, my mother likes to ‘use’ the holiday productively which means cleaning and putting the house ‘in order’. I simply shudder at this very idea! So obviously, my dear mother and me have peculiar conversations. Like these,

Dear Mother (DM): (looking at my bed) What’s with so many things lying on your bed? How do you even manage to sleep on that?

Me: (with cool voice and tone of an ascetic) Just four feet, that’s enough space for a man to sleep.

DM: Gives an expression filled with disbelief, disgust, anger.

I ignore her as usual and go off to jogging. I come back after 15-20 minutes,

DM: You back so fast?! (sarcastically) For how much time do you jog?

Me: Umm……..that would be……..2 minutes.

DM: I knew so! Actually, I think you go out only to buy the paper.

Me: You are absolutely right mother. I jog from my bike to the paper-stall wala. And even such a small distance takes me 2 minutes!

DM: Gives an expression filled with disbelief, disgust, anger.

I ignore her, as usual.

No comments: