Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Still confused between Blogger and Wordpress! :|

I started blogging on blogger back in 2005. Then I saw some blogs on wordpress and simply fell in love with their templates. So, I shifted to wordpress, but was disillusioned in no time. I found posting (especially uploading images in a post) pretty confusing and returned to blogger. Again, after some months, I shifted to wordpress and now, at this moment, I feel like coming back AGAIN to blogger!

The reasons this time are,
1. Archiving
In blogger, archive is shown in a tree format, where you can click on each month and view the posts immediately. In Wordpress, when you click on the month, you are taken to a new page which lists all the corresponding posts. And those are in 'summary' format, you have to click on 'View Full Post' to read complete post. This is too much clicking for a reader. In blogger, it takes much less clicks and you are not navigated to a new page unless you wish to read the post.

2. Blogroll
Blogger's blogroll displays the latest post on that blog while Wordpress has a basic simple blogroll.

3. Commenting on other's blogs
When commenting, it's easier to do it through blogger id, because it's linked to the gmail id and most of the times, I am already logged-on on Google. So, no need to login again. Also, using blogger id gives you an option to receive follow-up comments on your e-mail.

4. Templates
Blogger seems to have added some new templates and I quite like my current one!

The only minus point with blogger is, if you need to import posts from another blog of yours, you need a .xml file while in wordpress, you just need to enter the url and login details, wordpress takes care of the rest.

So, I have decided to maintain both blogs. Every new post will come up on both blogger and wordpress while archives before 2007 are available only on wordpress (www.sanketaradhye.wordpress.com)


4 comments:

neeraj said...

Lol, it has confused me a lot too, whether to stick on to blogger or to shift to wordpress .. I guess laziness coupled with infrequent posting kept me from shifting .... But thanks for posting the advantages of both forums..

Loong time, buddy. howz u?

Nero

Unknown said...

Nero!

Yep, long time indeed! I am doing good man. In Bangalore these days.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am going thru the same confusion! Just started out a new blog and was'nt sure where to start. So decided to get the first trial on wordpress.

Good Post! I hope someone reads it and invents a better blogging platform!

Regards,
Disha

aerix said...

I am unable to read articles online very often, but I’m glad I did today. This is very well written and your points are well-expressed. Please, don’t ever stop writing.
WPEngine coupon